Thursday, March 5, 2009

MUSIC, MEDIA AND DAVID


Back in October I had to write a profile on one of my course mates. I picked David Rose....when I was innocent and naive; this is what I thought of the boy.


Once you get beyond the “I’m Lucifer” mask its easy to know that he is a small town lad from the West Midlands, with a big heart of gold.

He weaves his vast knowledge of philosophy into lyrics and music like a master craftsman…a true musician. When you hear him sing or play the piano you’ll wonder why he isn’t performing at Broadway. Especially with experience of working with Royal Shakespearean Theatre when he was eleven!

Fiercely defensive of those he loves, this sensitive soul is the perfect son, brother and uncle. One is left bewildered as to why he believes that he lost track of what he wanted to achieve in life. “I wish I never lost sight of who I was,” he says with a hint of regret in his voice.

He aspires to work in the media, earn pots of money and then combine his passion for music and making the world a better place. He wishes to start a community project to teach children music skills. “Money is important but it’s not everything. I’d rather be respected than rich,” professes the Good Samaritan.

The first Rose with no thorn. A Musician. An Artist. A Dreamer. A Believer. DAVID ROSE.

It is now March. I am wise to the ways of this artist. This is what I think of him now!

Thou art only mark'd for hot vengeance and the rod of heaven. Thou errant hedge-born maggot-pie!

NEXT UP...NICK FLEGG!

1 comment:

  1. By the last abstract I was almost crying))) I guess Dave shld use this article somehow to promote himself)))

    ReplyDelete