Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 10 (or perhaps 45!) : A song that makes me fall asleep

Yes this song makes me fall asleep but in the most beautiful way possible. It’s far from being a boring song but perhaps when I am sleepy already, it soothes me further. It’s like a lullaby which I reckon even Ben Folds sang to his daughter Gracie.

I must also admit that the song makes me cry sometimes because it’s so sweet. And I for one can’t wait to sing it to my little girl someday. Oh such simple, poignant lyrics…they seem so much more real and touching than all those rappy rhymey ones.

“One day you're going to want to go
I hope we taught you everything you need to know
Gracie girl…my little girl.”



That is the most adorable and sweet thing a parent can say in my opinion. And luckily my parents are exactly the same with me. I think that is also the reason I like it so much.

This is not the original video but it is the original song. So enjoy it while I tuck myself into bed and dream about my little Gracies!


PS – Thanks to Nick Flegg for introducing me to this song and for learning to play it on the piano for me! X

No comments:

Post a Comment