Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 04 : A song that makes me sad

Many songs make me sad...it's quite sad. But sad not in a bad way but in a really emotional way. And I think it's got more to do with the video of the song or perhaps a negative association because of something happening to someone else.

Whatever it is it makes me sad. And now writing this is making me a bit sad.

I've dug out the original version written by Wayne Cochran in 1962 and originally performed by Wayne Cochran & the C.C. Riders. Apparently it was about two 16 year olds on a date earlier that year and the song played out in reality. :(

It has been covered as we all know and because Pearl Jam's version is so beautiful I've put them both up.




And Pearl Jam one is at this link. It's not an original vid so didn't want to embed it.


And yea this one is a day late.

No comments:

Post a Comment