Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ah the new moon is finally out!

Today I dragged my aunt and cousin out of bed and we trooped off to watch New Moon.

I can't way I was disappointed because it had the excitement of the book to atleast some level. And I was in all honesty too busy staring at the wolves to even notice Bella and the rest. Alright maybe I peeked at Edward a couple times but only because he was glittering in the Sun!

The second of the Twilight saga, New Moon was not my favourite book either. It was the most boring one for me. I loved the bit of Jacob turning into a wolf but the rest was plain boring. But somehow I still enjoyed the film. Not as much as I enjoyed watching The Lord Of The Rings I'll admit.

Bella was just as irritating as she always was. I thoroughly dislike how she shakes her head anytime she says something. She's like a robot whose neck has gone a bit loose. And Edward has a bit too much white make-up on. And compared to even the rest of the Cullen's he looked er...er..deader than he is meant to!

The wolf pack however, in my opinion stole the show. I though each character was perfect and was portrayed so well that it overshadowed the vampires completely.

I always appear to enjoy films that are made of book. I think its because I like the idea of comparing what I saw the characters as to the ones that the filmmaker saw. Its always exciting when you've read the book and you're watching a film and have an inside joke which isn't being shown on screen. Or maybe its just me!

I also think Carlisle and Emmet and Sam should have been on screen a bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment