Saturday, July 18, 2009

Having a doctor for an Aunt.


Dr.Mimi Giri is a fancy doctor at the University of Gent Hospital at Gent(oddly enough). She is or atleast says she belongs to many important groups. Like the UN of endocrinology. So all through my big masters project I asked her for help, information, contacts and quotes.

Hopefully that will fetch me some good marks. And if it doesn't then I will pull down this tribute post!

Having her around is great. Although you do get a bit too much of CSI. And by that I mean she watches about 6 episodes on her days off! Yea I know...CRAZY!

Anyway, she thinks that just because she is a doctor she can tell me what is wrong with me and I can't! For example, I say my wrist hurts but it is not hurt. NO she says. It cannot be possible.

I cannot understand how she knows. Unfortunately, she may be right. It hurts too much to be nothing.

Oh...I forgot that this is a tribute to her help and encouragement.

Genuinely, she helped me so much. Infact, it was her idea to begin with. It all began very fairytale like. I was sat on her bed being lectured at by her for eating unhealthy. Something about an ANT and a GRASSHOPPER or some such. Not that I can remember what I was. But I think she concluded I was a pig! :)

Basically, I owe her almost my entire project. Without her I would have been marginally lost. That said she was not the easiest interviewee. Randomly helping people out in the middle of a Gent market while I was recording. And I quote ..." And so obesity is highly...rechtdoor...Zonder dank" For goodness sake!!

Anyway, enough of the tribute.

THANKS A TON MIMI GIRI.

I OWE YOU.


Love you!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Aakanksha,
    My mother Anne hebbelinck-Luder was a patient of doctor Giri in Ghent. My mum's English but she's lived in Ghent for over 50 years.
    My mother is very fond of doctor Giri and they got along very well. As the doctor isn't living and working in Ghent anymore my mother would love to sed her an email but the only emailaddres she's got is the Ghent one .
    Could you please mail a current emailaddress please to :
    herman.hebbelinck@telenet.be
    Thank you very much!
    Kind Regards,
    Mark hebbelinck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Aakanksha,
      I know you're a relative of Mimi's so I hope you can help me once again.
      Last year before we left for a cruise I received a mail from Mimi saying she was back in Belgium as her cancer had sadly returned and that she would like to see me. Alas it was not possible and I have made numerous attempts to to contact her to no avail. I have tried telephoning her Belgium mobile but just get her voice mail. I was an English patient of hers (living in Belgium) and later we became friends. I would dearly love to hear how her health is and hope she is better and still very happy in Nepal. Before she became ill again she mailed that she was well and had found love again, so I do hope she is now better. She does'nt seem to have received my mails either. Thank you for your help.
      Kind Regards,
      Anne Luder (mailed by my son mark hebbelinck)

      Delete
    2. I am sorry but I forgot to my father's e-mail where you can contact my mother if possible: herman.hebbelinck@telenet.be
      Thank you very much.
      Kind Regards,
      Mark

      Delete